Created for all:With a touch of magic

Created for all:With a touch of magic
Since the 11th century

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Upcoming Nutcracker Events

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone knows that Christmas time and Nutcrackers go hand in hand. All of us remember the first time we went to the ice skating rink or to a Nutcracker play, the first tree lighting event or the first snowball fight with friends and family. It's what makes us all closer this time of year. But I feel the nutcracker community are close year round, Christmas just gives us a chance to shine a bit brighter. I wanted in this blog to allow people to comment and share their favorite Christmas memory. I know for me if was the Christmas of 1985. I was 11, and my grandparents had decided to spend the night. The fireplace was lit, and crackling, a warm glow dancing off the walls and ceiling. In the corner a meager Christmas tree stood like galent decorated toy soldier adorned in his finest garland and ribben. That night, I didnt think about presents, or decorations, but the warm turkey cooking the small oven, an excitement that Santa would be arriving any moment, flying across the moonlit sky. Outside, unlike today, there was a blanket of snow covering the lawn and all the vehicles. A freshly built snowman slumped over being held up by a tattered broom. I still remember his carrot nose and raisen eyeballs. The most fond memory of that Christmas was the fact that it was my last Christmas with my grandpa. I didn't realize it then, but he would pass on the next Thanksgiving holiday. I still see his rosy face and tall frame standing in the kitchen door with a glass of apple cider and a piece of pumpkin pie. Christmas I think hold so many fond memories for us all. So if you would share a memory or two. Tomorrow I am going to list some of the holiday events going on throughout Nutcracker country. Tonight let us reflect on what our families, our memories, and yes our favorite nutcrackers, mean to us. God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment